Biome participated in a Brainstorming session on Water Security that was conducted at IISc, Bengaluru
Venue - Indian Institue of Science, CV Raman Road, Bengaluru
Date of session - 11:00 am to 1:00 pm, 20th Jul 2023
Subject of discussion - Developing an integrated and holistic Water Security Solutions under National Supercomputing Mission (NSM-2.0- Exascale Computing Vision) that is initiated by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
The conversations focused on how the Supercomputing capacity being developed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) can help with providing models for various dimensions of Water security, including Water Supply, Sewage Generation, Treatment and Disposal, Groundwater Scenario, Flood - Water Generation and possible Harvesting, RWH etc.
The Brainstorming session was attended by many experts, government officials and water practitioners , some of them are mentioned below:
- Mr Ramesh and Mr Hari Babu - Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
- Prof M. S. Mohan Kumar - IISc
- Dr Lakshminarayana Rao - IISc
- Dr H. N. Chanakya - IISc
- Dr Shubha Avinash , formerly with KSNDMC
- Dr PN Ravindra - KIADB, formerly with BWSSB
- Mr Vivekananda - Jacobs Solutions
- Prof Shekar Muthu
- Mr Rajiv K N - BWSSB
- Mr Maheshwarappa - BWSSB
- Mr Avinash Krishnamurthy - Biome Environmental Trust
- Mr Srinivas C - Biome Environmental Trust
The speakers provided inputs on additional water management aspects that can be incorporated by CDAC in their computing models, which will leverage their Supercomputing capacity along with Big data, Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.