BIOME Trust and BWSSB in collaboration with Citizen Matters is organizing a series of events on water management. The first event focused on Rainwater Harvesting and the second event on Water Demand management. The third in the series, "Well" Connected: Groundwater and wells (Antharjala mattu bhavigala sambanda) was held on 26th February on Zoom platform.
Several speakers from different walks of life - residents, CSR groups, govt agencies talked about their engagement with Groundwater. The talks covered the significance of open wells and recharge wells in enhancing the groundwater table, reducing the demand for Cauvery water and borewell water, mitigating the flooding and seepage issues.
Citizen Matters pre-event press note which covered the event objectives and objectives. The post-event press note captured the detailed talks of each speaker.
The event recording is uploaded on BIOME Trust YouTube channel.
The two minute individual recordings of each speakers are uploaded on the our YouTube channel:
• Raghuram Giridhar, Vidyaranyapura
• Ramya Coushik, Ascot Apartments
• Balasubramanian, Vidyaranyapura
• Neeru Goyal, Adarsh Palm Retreat
• Ajay Singh, Rail Wheel Factory
• Kusuma G, Horticulture Department
• Peddanna and Venkatesh Peddanna, Well diggers
• Dr Meenakshi Bharath, Malleshwaram
• Subbu Hegde, Classic Orchards
The detailed Case Study videos of around 5-6 minutes were made for each story. The same are uploaded on BIOME Trust YouTube Channel:
- Balasubraminam's well
- Raghuram Giridar's house, Vidyaranyapura
- Ascot Apartments, Indiranagar
- Classic Orchards Layout, Bannerghatta road
- Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka
- Lalbagh and Cubbon park
- Neeru Goyal's villa, Adarsh Palm Retreat
Post a Comment