|The apartments are fast approaching
Since these wells are on no maps, we have to go looking around for them. The standard response from people in any place that we go to is that there are no "Open Wells" or that the "Open Wells have been filled up and closed". This time was no different. However with some persistence we heard of and came across wells that belonged to Prabhu Reddy in which people had committed suicide
- Well 1: 8m in diameter and 15m deep. Some water at the bottom
- Well 2: Cuboid shaped well. From outside it looks like a well. Completely hidden with grass, bushes but recognisable by a pulley like structure on top.
- Well 3: 8m in diameter and 15m deep. No water. But borewell at the bottom from where water is pumped
- Well 4: 5.5m is diameter and 15m deep. Used as a garbage dump
- Well 5: This wells looks like a pond and we would have totally missed it and perhaps fallen into it if we had not seen the old pump house right next to the well. This well needs further looking into
|Yielding borewell at the bottom of the well
|Is this a well or a pond ?
|The erstwhile pumphouse - that seems to
suggest that this is a well. Why is it so full ?
|Well covered with dense vegetation
|The beam to hold the pulley